A completely free LaTeX document editor and authoring tool.
When compared to applications like TeXShop or TeXmaker, TeXstudio certainly has more fans. Indeed this program contains all of the major features LaTeX users are looking for such as structure view, assistants for formulas, images and tables and many other useful features.
Many researchers have turned to TeXstudio as a free and open source alternative to other programs, most of them proprietary.
This program provides color syntax coding, an integrated PDF viewer, a tree view of document structure and can also auto-complete many of the standard commands LaTeX users may use. Another useful feature that this of course includes is a spell-checker and a thesaurus.
Though TeXstudio isn't necessarily an application built for beginners, it does include wizards and assistance from within the application.
If you want to try something new with many features users have been clamoring for (for quite a while), then TeXstudio is definitely a contender and it's a free and open-source project built by collaborators.
Features of TeXstudio
- Autocompletion: Helps you type faster and with fewer errors.
- Bibliography: Handles bibliographies and citations.
- Compiling: Compile your document with a single click.
- Customization: Configure TeXstudio to suit your needs.
- Debugging: Debug your code with the built-in debugger.
- Document Navigation: Easily navigate through your code.
- Finder: Quickly locate and open files.
- Intuitive UI: Easy to use and visually appealing.
- Multiple Document Interface: Edit multiple documents simultaneously.
- Preview: View the output of your document instantly.
- Refactoring: Reorganize, rename and delete code quickly.
- Snippets: Insert snippets of code with a single click.
- Spellchecker: Automatically check spelling.
- Syntax Highlighting: Recognizes and highlights LaTeX commands.
- Templates: Easily create documents from pre-defined templates.
Compatibility and License
TeXstudio is available for free and released under the open source GPLv2 license on Windows from office software. The license provides the options to freely download, install, run and share this program without any restrictions. The source code for TeXstudio should be freely available and modifications are certainly permitted as well as the option to inspect the software.
What version of Windows can TeXstudio run on?
TeXstudio can be used on a computer running Windows 11 or Windows 10. Previous versions of the OS shouldn't be a problem with Windows 8 and Windows 7 having been tested. It comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit downloads.
- TeXstudio Download
- Free Office Software
- Open source and GPL software
- Code Editing Software